Does your business still have a fax machine? Most do. It’s time to take a serious look at a cloud-based faxing solution. Why? The most common excuses I hear are:
- We don’t get or send a lot of faxes any more
- Fax machines are inexpensive
OK, but most businesses are paying their phone company $40 to $50 a month for a fax line. Then there is the cost of the paper and toner. And then you need to distribute incoming printed faxes to the recipients.
Cloud-based faxing solutions eliminate all of that. They save you money, add productivity and functionality that you didn’t have before, and they add a level of professionalism to faxes you send to customers. Here are a few of the many pluses:
- Cost as little as $7/mo for 10 users
- You can keep your existing fax number
- You can receive multiple faxes at the same time – no more busy signals
- Send and receive faxes from your email
- Send and receive from your smart phone, tablet, or your desktop browser
- No long distance charges
Be careful when selecting one of these services. Some of the vendors have misleading pricing and gimmicks. The one that I most often recommend to clients is called MetroFax. Pricing is very low, it’s easy to use, and it has all of the bells and whistles. They even have a free trial so that you can test it out before spending anything. You can even sign up for month-to-month service, and stop at any time. Take a look at MetroFax at http://metrofax.com/small-business.