The apps for Apple and Android devices that let you work with Word, Excel and PowerPoint files have all been lacking and problematic. In the last few months Microsoft made mobile versions of its software available for mobile devices – but even that hasn’t been ideal. You can view documents, but not edit, or you need to upgrade, or buy a subscription to Office 365. What a hassle.
FINALLY there’s a really good solution called SmartOffice. It’s an app for your your phone or tablet. Here are the highlights of what it can do:
• View, edit and create all versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Open email attachments with Office documents and be able to easily read them
• Convert Office files to PDF
• Open and save documents in Drop Box or Google Drive
• Print to wireless printers supported by your mobile device
This one isn’t free, but it’s worth every bit of the $9.99 they charge. Download your copy of this wonderful software from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, or by clicking here while viewing this on your mobile device, and scrolling to the links at the bottom of the page.