Another great home automation technology is the Wi-Fi enabled thermostat.
- Control it from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet
- Customizable color settings to match your decor (like changing desktop wallpaper)
- Get auto alerts to change the filter and to know about extreme temperatures
- Ensures safe temperatures for pets, or keeps tabs on a vacation home
- Quick schedule changes – update your settings for temporary holds or vacations; restore everyday settings in a snap
So these look good, plus they let you do things that you never could before, and oh yes, they save you money. I know I don’t have to tell any of you who live and work in Northeast Ohio, about the magnitude of your heating bills.
I installed one of these about 6 months ago and absolutely love it. I’m planning to install them in my office building this year.
I’ve done a lot of research, and the one that I recommend is the Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat, model RTH9580WF. You can get them for $209.99 with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Click here for details.