Should you install the free upgrade?
Windows 10 is here and yet, most people I know are taking a wait and see attitude – especially those who previously jumped right into Windows 8.
The truth is – Windows 10 is good stuff. If you currently have Windows 8 on your computer and can’t stand it, then it’s time to upgrade it for free to Windows 10. Go for it!
If you have been cautious and are still running Windows 7, then hold off a bit longer. Windows 7 is a stable operating system and won’t be going away for the next few years. My suggestion is to upgrade to Windows 10 in the next 2-3 months. That will give Microsoft time to patch, fine tune and polish its new operating system. But still plan on doing it.
Here are the top 6 best features of Windows 10:
1. It’s not Windows 8!
2. The Windows 7 Start Menu is back and actually improved.
3. A brand new browser called Microsoft Edge. It’s faster, sleeker, and most importantly, it’s not Internet Explorer. I still prefer Chrome, but Edge has potential.
4. Cortano – Microsoft’s version of Apple’s Siri is now built-in. It can talk to you and respond when you ask it questions.
5. Continuum Mode – in Windows 8 Microsoft wanted one interface to be the same on all devices whether it runs on a large screen or a very small phone. Windows 10 senses the screen size and optimizes the interface depending on which type of machine you’re on.
6. It’s completely free! That is, for all users of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, as long as they’re not enterprise users.